This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
Raspberry and Mascarpone cheese make the perfect marriage for this Macarons recipe. Follow the basic Macarons recipe until step 3, at this stage you should add 1/4 tsp red food coloring, it is better to use paste food coloring, not the liquid one.
YIELD: 40 shells / 20 Macarons
- Beat smoothly until you achieve the desired shade of pink. Gently fold half the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix gently until you reach a shiny mixture with a thick ribbon consistency (macaronner).
- Pipe the mixture with a 1⁄2 inch plain nozzle piping bag.
- Let rest for 30 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until the surface is firm. Rest on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to make Mascarpone cream?
- Beat 5 1/2 oz Mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, and 2 tablespoons caster sugar.
- Pipe a little of the Mascarpone cream filling onto 10 shells and top with 3 raspberry slices. Pipe the filling onto the remaining shells and place them on top of the raspberries. You’ll need 30 raspberries lengthwise halved.
La Dorure’s tips
- Use raspberry jam instead of Mascarpone cream. Also, use American cheese cream if you want.
Discover our shop Amazon Storefront for more amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.