Raspberry and Mascarpone cheese make the perfect marriage for this Macarons recipe. Follow the basic Macarons recipe until step 3, at this stage you should add 1/4 tsp red food coloring, it is better to use paste food coloring, not the liquid one.YIELD: 40 shells / 20 Macarons
- Beat smoothly until you achieve the desired shade of pink. Gently fold half the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix gently until you reach a shiny mixture with a thick ribbon consistency (macaronner).
- Pipe the mixture with a 1⁄2 inch plain nozzle piping bag.
- Let rest for 30 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until the surface is firm. Rest on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to make Mascarpone cream?
- Beat 5 1/2 oz Mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, and 2 tablespoons caster sugar.
- Pipe a little of the Mascarpone cream filling onto 10 shells and top with 3 raspberry slices. Pipe the filling onto the remaining shells and place them on top of the raspberries. You’ll need 30 raspberries lengthwise halved.
La Dorure’s tips
- Use raspberry jam instead of Mascarpone cream. Also, use American cheese cream if you want.