Thanksgiving is the most generous moment, in the year, each housewife, cook or foodie, excels to bring and cook the best recipe, sweet or savory. The old-fashioned bread recipe, with a strong flavor pumpkin pie spice, raisins or dated, and nuts will complete perfectly a generous Thanksgiving table, to serve with the traditional turkey, pumpkin soup, or mashed sweet potatoes.
How To Make Pumpkin Bread?
For 1 large loaf pan or 3 small loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark raisins or chopped, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet baking chips chocolate (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, without shell (optional)
- 9x5x3 loaf pan
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x5x3 -inch loaf pan, or 3 greased 53/4×31/4×2 -inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, or food processor work bowl, combine the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, salt, raisins, pecans, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter. Blend until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, pumpkin puree and water, to sugar mixture. Stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, and blend or process, if you’re using a food processor, just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle pumpkin seeds, and bake about 70 to 80 minutes, for a large loaf; or 30 to 35 minutes for a smaller loaves
- Test with skewer or wooden pick, inserted into the center, it should come out clean.
- Cool pumpkin bread for 10 minutes, before to remove from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
La Dorure’s Notes:
- The whole-wheat flour may be omitted, and replace with all-purpose flour.
- Drizzle some sugar and vanilla glaze on the top, for a sweeter taste.
- For a lemony taste, omit raisins and use cranberries.
Discover our shop La Dorure’s Amazon Storefront for more amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.