This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
The Pumpkin bread has a strong flavor of pumpkin pie spice, raisins, dates, and nuts which complete perfectly a generous Thanksgiving table. It is best served with the traditional turkey, pumpkin soup, or mashed sweet potatoes.
How To Make A Pumpkin Bread?
For 1 large loaf pan or 3 small loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark raisins or chopped, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet baking chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, without shell (optional)
- 9x5x3 loaf pan
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x5x3 -inch loaf pan, or 3 greased 53/4×31/4×2 -inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, or food processor work bowl, combine the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, salt, raisins, pecans, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and butter. Blend until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, pumpkin puree and water, to sugar mixture. Stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, and blend or process, if you’re using a food processor, just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle pumpkin seeds, and bake about 70 to 80 minutes, for a large loaf; or 30 to 35 minutes for a smaller loaves
- Test with skewer or wooden pick, inserted into the center, it should come out clean.
- Cool pumpkin bread for 10 minutes, before to remove from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- The whole-wheat flour may be omitted, and replace with all-purpose flour.
- Drizzle some sugar and vanilla glaze on the top, for a sweeter taste.
- For a lemony taste, omit raisins and use cranberries.
Discover our Amazon Store for amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.