What Is An Entremet?
How To Make Mirror Chocolate Glaze?
As a beginning, use a white or dark chocolate mousse “entremet”, with layers of sponge cake and fruit coulis jelly [of your choice]. Freeze your “entremet” first, it should be solid, before glazing.
YIELD: 8 servings (7 inches round frozen Entremet)
White Or Dark Chocolate Mirror Glaze Recipe
- 30 g water
- 3 sheets unflavored gelatin or 12 g powdered gelatin
- 75 g liquid glucose
- 160 g cold water
- 50 g condensed milk
- 75 g caster sugar
- 75 g white or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 or 3 food coloring, of your choice
Method Of Making Mirror Chocolate Glaze
- In a large bowl, soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes or according to the packet instructions. Leave to sit for 5 to 10 minutes, to bloom.
- In a saucepan, heat the water with glucose, sugar, and condensed milk, over medium heat. Cook until the mixture reaches 103°C [Use thermometer].
- Remove from the heat and add the soaked gelatin, stir to combine and blend to emulsify, then add the chopped chocolate to the hot gelatin mixture, stir until well melted.
- Divide the mixture, add food coloring, as desired, and sieve the glaze, to remove any air bubbles.
- Place your frozen cake, on a wire rack. Pour colored mixtures over the top and down the sides of the cake, swirling together. Using the back of a metal spoon.
- Lightly scrape the top of the cake with a palette knife, to create a smooth glaze.
- Refrigerate the cake, at least 20 minutes to 2 hours before serving. Gently remove it from the grid and place it on the serving plate. Decorate at your want; it can be stored in the fridge in a container, 1 to 2 days. Don’t cover with a cling film or a foil.
La Dorure’s Tips
- Store the leftover glaze, and use it again.
- It is better to make your cake or “Entremet” one day before, the process takes time, to stabilize.
- Mirror glaze works well on “Mousse” cakes.
Discover our shop La Dorure’s Amazon Storefront for more amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.