The obsession! Try the frothy homemade pumpkin spice latte, it’s easy, and a budget-friendly recipe.
Yield: 2 drinks
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice + extra for garnish
- A pinch of ground black pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup double-strength brewed coffee (strong coffee)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream (Chantilly Cream)
- First, you have to get rid of any squash flavor: In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and black pepper, stirring continuously (to avoid burning), about 2 minutes, or until you smell spices flavor.
- Add sugar, stir well, the sugar should dissolve, and this step gives time to spices to integrate well in pumpkin puree, you won’t have squash flavor.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat the milk with vanilla extract, stirring constantly, until boiling point.
- Happy time: This step is when you see the ingredients frothiness! In a mixer, a hand blender or food processor, mix pumpkin puree and hot milk. Blend on a high speed, until frothy.
- Mix stage: Divide espresso coffee in mugs, add the frothed pumpkin and milk mixture. Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice. Voilà!
La Dorure’s Tips:
- Add whipped cream, when the latte is not very hot.
- It depends on your taste, add 1 tablespoon sugar, or reduce.
- For a more spicy latte, add a dash of black pepper and a pinch of ground cloves.