This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
What Are Truffles?
Chocolate Truffles (Les Truffes or Truffettes) are the small chocolate confectionery, resembling truffle fungi, round and dark, it’s the perfect recipe for a wedding buffet or as a gift. The French Truffles are the base of many worldwide recipes, like the Swiss truffles, Belgian or American. The origin of Truffles (Les Truffes) is Chambéry in the Savoie region, they have the best recipe for truffles with almond and hazelnuts praliné (see: Paris-Brest recipe).
How To Make Chocolate Truffles?
This recipe of Chocolate Truffles is the most simple, it is the base of so many other recipes like chocolate and caramel Truffles, and even more, Truffles with apricot or raspberries, or spices Truffles. For a better taste, use a bar of good quality chocolate and cocoa powder.
YIELD: 15-20 pieces
- 130 grams bittersweet dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 125 grams of heavy cream
- 25 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature, melted, cut into 4 pieces
- 20 grams of honey (optional)
- 50 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Cupcakes liners
The Method Of Making Chocolate Truffles
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream with honey to boil over medium-low heat. Pour 1/2 of the chocolate mixture over the chocolate.
- With a silicone spatula, rapidly stir the chocolate, until the Ganache is homogeneous.
- Gradually, add the remaining cream, and stir gently, until you have a smooth and glossy emulsion.
- Add the butter, piece by piece, stirring gently clockwise, with a wooden spoon, until well blended.
- Cover the bowl and chill the ganache in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, and pipe small Ganache balls on the baking sheet.
- Dust your palms with cocoa powder, and shape the Ganache into regular small balls.
- Roll Truffles in cocoa powder, and sieve to shake off extra cocoa.
- Arrange in cupcake liners, chill and serve.
La Dorure’s Tips
- Chocolate Truffles make the perfect and elegant gift for special occasions, sprinkled with golden ’paillettes’, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days in a hermetic box.
- As a variation, fill the Truffles with lemon or orange Marmelade, or nuts.
- For hot Truffles, mix a pinch of chili with cocoa powder.
- For an exotic flavor, roll the truffles in finely shredded coconuts.
- If you like coffee flavor, add 1/2 tsp instant coffee and a pinch of well-sifted cinnamon to cocoa powder.
Discover our shop Amazon Storefront for more amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.