This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
Apple and carrot muffins are a brunch-boosting recipe, just take one in the breakfast, and for sure, you’ll be fine all day long. It is a mixture of classic muffins and a blend of carrots cake. For a more fancy recipe, serve with cream cheese, mascarpone, almonds, or nuts buttercream rosette.
YIELD: 12 regular cups
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Soften wheat germs in buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, carrots, apples, ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, wheat germ, eggs, and oil, in a small bowl, whisk until well combined.
- Add eggs mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. DO NOT over mix. Fold in hazelnuts, then spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 1/2 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
La Dorure’s Tips:
- Pecans or walnuts go well with this recipe.
- For an original taste, top with strudel.