This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
The Carrot Cake or Queen Anne’s cake has fans everywhere, maybe, it is due to the strange ‘mixture’ between the Orient and the Occident, with spices and the cream cheese, even the cake is modest, easy, and quick, you’ll find the ingredients easily, some spices and carrots are sufficient.
How To Make Carrot Cake?
YIELD: 8-10 servings (8-inch round pan)
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrots (using a grater, big size)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- A few drops of vanilla essence (1/3 tsp)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dark raisins
- Walnuts to decorate
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese Frosting to decorate
The Making Of Carrot Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and align your cake pan with parchment.
- In an electric blender, or by the whisk, mix the first group of moist ingredients: carrot, oil, sugar, eggs one by one, and vanilla essence, until light and fluffy.
- Sift together all dry ingredients: flour, spices, salt, sugar, and baking soda. Then mix in the chopped walnuts and raisins.
- Add the carrot mixture alternately to the flour mixture using a wooden spoon, then mix well. DO NOT over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 50 minutes to 60 minutes. Leave the cake to cool, then turn it out onto a wire rack. Coat the cake with cream cheese frosting, decorate with a cake comb, making waves, some whole walnuts, and marzipan carrots, if desired.
La Dorure’s Tips:
- Divide the cake into two or three equal layers, and spread a thin layer of frosting, then cover with the remaining frosting, double the frosting to another 1/2 cup.
- Pecans are fine instead of walnuts.
Discover our shop La Dorure’s Amazon Storefront for more amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.