This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
Semi-Candied Lemons Recipe
- 2500 g superfine sugar
- 1 l water
- 500 g Meyer or Menton lemon (weigh lemon once prepared)
- Wash lemons, slice each one into equal slices (8 wedges). Remove stems, trim wedges, and remove seeds and any excess membranes.
- Blanche lemons: In a medium saucepan, place lemon wedges and cover with cold water, bring to boil, and drain, repeat this step twice in order to remove lemons’ bitterness.
- Cover them with sugar and water. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, and let simmer on low heat for about 10 to 20 minutes. To get syrup, not caramel, keep a close eye, to void sugar burning.
- Drain lemons. Keep the syrup and cook it to 218 º F. Let cool and pour over lemons to cover. Store in the refrigerator for months.
- Use as directed in recipes.
- This lemons recipe is used in the Cedric Grolet Yellow Lemon recipe.
Discover our Amazon Store for amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.