As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read our Policy Privacy.
Semi-Candied Lemons Recipe
- 2500 g superfine sugar
- 1 l water
- 500 g Meyer or Menton lemon (weigh lemon once prepared)
- Wash lemons, and slice each one into equal slices (8 wedges). Remove stems, trim wedges, and remove seeds and any excess membranes.
- Blanche lemons: In a medium saucepan, place lemon wedges and cover with cold water, bring to a boil, and drain, repeat this step twice in order to remove lemons’ bitterness.
- Cover them with sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and let simmer on low heat for about 10 to 20 minutes. To get syrup, not caramel, keep a close eye, on it to void sugar burning.
- Drain lemons. Keep the syrup and cook it to 218 º F. Let cool and pour over lemons to cover. Store in the refrigerator for months.
- Use as directed in recipes.
- This lemons recipe is used in the Cedric Grolet Yellow Lemon recipe.
Discover our Amazon Store for the best shopping list items, and the best deals for Kitchen & Dining, Grocery & Gourmet Food, Dinnerware, and Teaware.