4th July is one of the most important holidays in the USA, it is Independence Day. According to Wikipedia ” is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776.
After parades, it’s a tradition to make BBQ with family and friends, barbecued chicken, burgers, or hot dogs, are the most common choices. To make Buffalo wings, start by marinating the wings, at 1-2 hour, before grilling.
How To Make BBQ Buffalo Wings?
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken wings, rinse, pat dry
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1-inch fresh ginger peeled, crushed
- A dash of salt, to taste
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- Grilled sesame, to garnish
- Prepare the marinade: Melt butter in a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Add all the marinade ingredients at once, and boil quickly for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the wings, turning the wings to coat evenly. Let marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 1-2 hours.
- Set up the grill for direct grilling, and preheat to medium. When ready to cook, drain the wings and place them on the hot grate. Grill until crisp and golden brown on the outside and cooked through, 8 to 12
minutes per side. If necessary, brush the marinade, to coat evenly, if wings are large, and grill for 5 minutes more.
- Prepare the BBQ sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, boil gently the brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat and add the thyme, mustard, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix and let sit for 20minutes. Stir in ketchup and corn syrup, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the wings to a platter and pour half of the BBQ sauce over them. Sprinkle with the sesame, and serve at once, with the remaining BBQ sauce, and celery sticks on the side.