This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy for details.
The classic Macarons recipe usually is made with basic ingredients and filled with red fruits “purée” or chocolate Ganache. The method of making shells is the same, therefore, when you prepare the lemon Macarons filling, add the zest, color, and flavor; also you can make two different colors of shells. Always start with a small quantity.
Lemon Macarons Shells
- 50 g icing sugar
- 30 g ground almond
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 aged egg white
- 1/2 tsp lemon powdered food coloring, green or yellow.
White Chocolate Filling
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fine lemon zest
- 50 g white chocolate, couverture
How To Make Lemon Macaron Shells?
- Blend the ground almond and icing sugar slightly, then sift well, to get a powder.
- Beat the egg white, with an electric blender or a whisk, until frothy.
- Add caster sugar slowly, and continue to beat, for about 2 minutes, until you get a stiff peak; stir in almond-icing sugar mixture into the meringue (Macaronage), and start folding with a rubber spatula.
- The last step is to add the yellow or green pastry coloring powder to the batter. Gently mix until you get a smooth and shiny batter that flows. Note: at this stage, you stop folding, don’t overfold. Let Macarons dry.
How To Bake Macarons Shells?
- Heat the oven to 300° F, on the top only. Put the baking tray on the first bottom shelf, and bake
- Pipe the Macarons, on your prepared baking tray, and let the Macarons sit for 30 minutes or more, depending on the humidity environment, until dry.
- Bake for 12 minutes, check them after 6 minutes, feet should already start forming.
- Turn the baking tray in the opposite direction to allow even baking. After 6 minutes, change the heating setting to the bottom of the oven, to get well-cooked Macarons with rising feet. Or proceed to the classic cooking method in the Basic Macarons Recipe post.
White Chocolate Ganache Filling
- Warm the lemon over low heat, then remove from heat, and add the white chocolate, mix well until the chocolate is melted completely.
- Add the lemon zest, mix thoroughly, and set aside, at room temperature, to cool.
- Pipe the white Ganache, into the Macarons shells, and close with another shell.
La Dorure’s Note
- Make the same recipe for any citrus: lime, orange, bergamot, or clementine, just change the colors.
- Lemon Macarons Italian method is more stable.
Discover our shop Amazon Storefront for more amazing Home, Kitchen, and Baking gadgets, which we have selected carefully, for our readers and followers.